Saturday

Underused Phrases

Or Words and Phrases I'd like to hear more often.

A few favorites:

Damn Skippy. It's such a happy sounding way to agree with something and still use a (minor) swear word. Much more agreeable than f*ck yeah.

Shucks. Though it's mostly used in a sarcastic way these days, I still like it to express disappointment.

Word. It's versatile. It's an agreement, an acknowledgement, a word to show that you're impressed or even a question (Really?).

Cat's Meow/Bee's Knees. It's a classy sounding way to say something is really cool...without having to say really cool.
Dope works in the same context but isn't really classy. Just fun to say.

Right On. It's a good way to tell someone you like the way they're going about things without having to get involved.

Rad. A more ethusiastic cousin to Cool. Has that nice retro-feel without sounding like you're out of Pleasantville.

Peachy Keen. It's sweet and refreshing (like a real live peach!) and it has a nice mix of innocence and maltshop without sounding overly cheesy.

Like it's Going out of Style. It's so cool, I don't even need to say any more.

Sucker Fish. It's one of my favorite insults to just toss at friends. If I'm really angry though, I might break out Monkey Fucker. (I just would rather not think of people fucking each others mothers, but people fucking monkeys, that's just comedy gold right there.)

So, which phrases do you wish you'd hear more often?

8 Comments:

Blogger Satan™ said...

I think that cranial-rectal inversion isn't used enough. Because most people don't know what it means.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think cock blaster is the phrase of the future!

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*I just noticed that I edited "fuck" at the begining and nowhere else. That rocks my socks.*

Baur...lovin' the input. I will make a concentrated effort to work "cock blaster" into conversations more often.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you think "Word" evolved as a self-referential thing?

5:13 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

"Proper" — as in the M.C. Hammer vernacular. It died far too early a death. I've been working tirelessly to bring it back from the grave.

I've also become quite enamored with "asshat" and "fuckstick" as insults: "Thanks for cutting me off, fuckstick!!" or "That asshat has been driving with his turn signal on for the last three exits. I hope he gets face cancer."

And I use the term "Rock and Roll" quite often as well... as an exclamation of delight.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's "Rides the ballsack"?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Satan™ said...

You ride the ballsack.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Krn said...

I use fuck face a lot but if I really am pissed then you get my favorite - cunt scab (or CS for short).

If I'm being nice then it's - listen buster.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home