Sunday

Life's Perfect Little Combinations

Inspired by Dave the Brit.

Mint and chocolate. Whether in ice cream, coffee, cookies or a candy bar it always tastes delicious and they compliment each other perfectly.

Hot Chocolate and a window looking onto a snowy tree. Wrapped in a blanket with a good book makes it even better. An added bonus if you're staying home from work or school, as well. I feel warm and snuggly just thinking about it.

Popcorn and a dark movie theater. Okay, I'd actually bow out on the popcorn and opt for some Junior Mints, but any snack in a dark movie theater will always be perfect to me.

Fireworks and Alcohol. But only if you're the one watching and not the drunk playing with bottle rockets and M-80's.

A car, three good friends, a mix cd, and nowhere to go in the middle of the night. One of my all time favorite things to do is drive around, getting purposefully (but not really) lost with friends, singing, having fun and maybe getting into a little mischief. (Ask me about my lawn gnomes one day...)

Cheese and chipped steak...Particularly if you add some grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms on a hoagie. Mmm...Philly Cheese Steak.

Coffee and cigarettes. And a booth. And nothing to do anytime soon. I dread the day all restaurants are non-smoking.

Nora Jones and a good book. Reading while Nora Jones sings me to sleep is like a waking dream.

Pop Rocks and Soda. The ultimate test of bravery.

Rain, an umbrella, a sidewalk and someone to dance with. Without the umbrella is okay, too. It's just for twirling anyway.

I've just gotten really sleepy, so I'm going to end this here.

Feel free to add any other little combos that make life that much better.

Good Night and Good Luck. (hopefully, I'll see that movie sometime this week)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit, I forgot the two things that inspired this post...

A few pints and a few friends.

Vanilla vodka, pineapple juice and just a drop of grenedine slid to the bottom of a shot glass. (props to Amy)

3:20 AM  
Blogger Satan™ said...

Xbox and nothing to do for a long time and a few friends.

Insulin and a nice comfy syringe. They go very well together.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I'm secretly in love with Norah Jones.

(don't tell Amy.)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home